27 October 2017
Are you part of an implementing organisation or government that is frustrated by inadequate gains in learning outcomes? Are you interested in learning about an effective strategy to improve foundational skills? Sign up for the TaRL mailing list to receive news about the upcoming webinars.
Join us for a series of webinars about Pratham’s Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL), a methodology that has been shown, through rigorous evaluations, to consistently improve basic reading and numeracy skills. Each webinar will feature presentations by Pratham, J-PAL, and a number of our partner organisations and will give you the opportunity to ask questions.
Session 2: Assessment
Wilima Wadhwa discussed the ASER Tool as a spark for action and the role of assessment in highlighting the lack of basic skills, Hannah-May Wilson shared insights from contextualizing the ASER tool across Africa, and Rachel Glennerster presented on how assessment results can inform what teachers do in the classroom.
Links to resources from the second session:
Sign up for the newsletter to learn about upcoming TaRL webinars
- What is Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL)? (30 August 2017)
- Assessment (27 October 2017)
- Monitoring and Mentoring (7 December 2017)
- Teacher Training (6 March 2018)
- Adapting the TaRL approach to different contexts (11 December 2018)
- Maintaining Quality at Scale (upcoming – date TBD)
- Research Lessons and Agenda (upcoming – date TBD)
We will share the presentations and webinar recordings on this page after each webinar.