TaRL Africa Programme Coordinator
Location: Flexible within any African country.
Education: Master’s degree
Application deadline: 12th September 2021
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) Africa is a new high-profile initiative jointly led by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT) Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) and the Indian Education NGO Pratham. TaRL Africa works to improve basic reading and arithmetic skills of children on the African continent and aims to reach 3 million children in the next five years. Key countries of operation include Kenya, Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria and Zambia.
TaRL Africa is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, and committed Programme Coordinator. TaRL Africa Programme Coordinators will support Country Teams and partners to strengthen implementation and strategically plan to improve and grow. In addition, they will help coordinate regional outreach and support efforts such as communication, training workshops and learning and innovation lesson sharing. Position location is flexible with significant travel across sub-Saharan Africa
- Support country and partner teams in overall strategy and execution of TaRL programming.
- Facilitate communicating and sharing of lessons across partners
- Coordinate across functional areas to ensure holistic support to country and partner teams through the development, implementation and learning process of TaRL programming
- Support fundraising and donor management, including drafting proposals and budgets
- Manage outreach events and training workshops
- Support financial management, monitor and manage relevant budgets and ensure financial management policies and donor conditions are followed
- Write regular reports on the implementation of project activities for both internal and external use
- Ensure all project working documents are submitted on time (Annual Work Plan, budget revisions, Performance Monitoring Plan revisions, etc.)
- Manage 1-2 team members
- Master’s degree in Education, International Relations/Development, Social Sciences or relevant field.
- Must have 5 years relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English particularly the ability to communicate technical research to policymakers in a non-technical manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in French is an added advantage.
- Proven ability to handle multiple diverse assignments at one time, successfully complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines while conducting high-quality work.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally frequently and flexibly to support policy outreach, scoping research and training events. Most travel will be in sub-Saharan Africa
- Strong skills in Microsoft suite
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and teamwork skills
How to apply?
Please fill in this application form by 12th September 2021. Only applications submitted through the form will be accepted. Please note that, due to the large volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to short-listed applicants.
TaRL Africa is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.