TaRL Africa Programme Associate
Education: Undergraduate degree
Application deadline: 12th September 2021
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) Africa is a new high-profile initiative jointly led by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT) Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) and the Indian Education NGO Pratham. TaRL Africa works to improve basic reading and arithmetic skills of children on the African continent and aims to reach 3 million children in the next five years. Key countries of operation include Kenya, Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria and Zambia.
Summary of the Role:
TaRL Africa is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, and committed Programme Associate. The TaRL Africa Programme Associate will work closely with the Programme Coordinators and other team members in the team, to support planning, outreach and communications relating to both programs and partners. In addition, they will help coordinate outreach and support efforts such as communication, training workshops and learning and innovation lesson sharing. Position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with significant travel across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Support central and partner teams in coordination, planning and execution of TaRL programming
- Support Community of Practice activities including
- communicating and sharing of lessons across partners
- organizing community conversations and workshops
- Support coordination across functional areas to ensure holistic support to country and partner teams with a focus on the experimentation and innovation activities
- Support fundraising and donor management as needed
- Plan & manage outreach events and training workshops
- Write regular reports on the implementation of project activities for both internal and external use
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree in Education, International Relations/Development, Social Sciences or relevant field.
- Writing and oral presentation skills in English, particularly the ability to communicate technical research to policymakers in a non-technical manner.
- Proven ability to handle multiple diverse assignments at one time, successfully complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines while conducting high-quality work.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally frequently and flexibly to support policy outreach, scoping research and training events. Most travel will be in sub-Saharan Africa and in addition to between cities in South Africa.
- Strong skills in Microsoft suite
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and teamwork skills
How to apply?
Please fill in this application form by 12th September 2021. Only applications submitted through the form will be accepted. Please note that, due to the large volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to short-listed applicants.
TaRL Africa is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.